Professional outfitters and paddlesport retailers with an interest in offering services and goods to the paddling public are invited to join the Florida Professional Paddlesports Association.
We meet two times times a year at one of our member's locations and enjoy paddling, food, friendship and the exchange of ideas on how to make our businesses and our sport more attractive to the public. Meeting are the second Monday & Tuesday of the month in February and September unless there is a conflict with a holiday. In February, we meet in the southern half of the state and in September the meeting is in the northern half. On Mondays, we paddle the host waterway and on Tuesdays, the business meeting is conducted. Dues are due by the business meeting in February.
$100 is the base amount for membership with $10 for a 4-color ad on the FPPA website for a total of $110. You can elect not to have the $10 ad.
Membership Benefits for Paddlesport Outfitters and Retailers
Here are a few of the many reasons why you'll want to join the FPPA:
- Website Listing: FPPA members are entitled to a listing at www.paddleflausa.com. Members work to have FPPA's website address listed everywhere possible. Member sites include a reciprocal link to www.paddleflausa.com.
- Office of Greenways and Trails under DEP (http://www.dep.state.fl.us/gwt)has a direct link to FPPA website. Those looking for outfitters now come directly to FPPA.
- Brochure Mailing: A permanent PO Box address is maintained for FPPA rack card requests. Requests come from individuals and FPPA listings in magazine articles, newspaper articles, and book listings. Mailing address is PO Box 1764 Arcadia, FL 34265
- FPPA Vendor List: List of vendors used by fellow members and FPPA exclusive discounts offered by vendors.
- Visit Florida Partner: FPPA is a Founding Partner of Visit Florida and participates in Visit Florida marketing and brochure distribution opportunities and promotes Visit Florida.
- Rack Card: 4-color rack card with link to website and to member directory. Rack card distributed through State Welcome Centers, tradeshows, Canoecopia, Chamber of Commerce, Visitor and Convention Bureaus, AAA offices, fellow member's places of business, and a myriad of other locations.
- See complete list of FPPA membership benefits here
Apply for Paddlesport Outfitter/Retailer Membership in FPPA
Membership in FPPA for paddlesport outfitters and retailers costs $110 annually which includes development and display of an ad on the www.paddleflausa.com website. See upper right column for ads. To join, please download the following Adobe Acrobat Reader document, complete the information in the application and mail your check to the address listed on the application. We will contact you by e-mail upon approval and send you information about your Florida Professional Paddlesports Association membership. Have questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Associate Membership in FPPA
Associate membership includes DMOs, manufacturers, governmental agencies, or anyone not in a Florida paddlesport business that guides or rents. Sorry, but concessionaires who are paid by a government agency cannot join as a paddlesport member but can join as an Associate Member. Please check back if you are a paddlesport manufacturer or other related industry vendor interested in associate membership or e-mail email@example.com.
P.O. Box 1764
Arcadia, FL 34265